For the last 3 winters, Emerald Sports Management coordinated the transformation of a corn field into an artificially refrigerated, NHL sized skating rink with an ice mat system, glass and boards for Silo Ridge Field Club, a private residential community in Amenia, NY.
- The area was leveled and covered with sand.
- Header trenches were built
- An ice matt cooling system was rolled out and layed down on top of a vapor barrier
- A trane ice rink chiller package was installed and the system was charged with Glycol
- Ice was made and painted.
- Ice was built to a skateable thickness
- The rink operated from mid December until early March.
- Dasher boards and plexiglass were installed to enclose the rink area.
Construction of the rink took approximately 6-7 weeks.